It’s important to any company to be a good corporate citizen. This means fair dealing and ethical conduct with respect to employees, customers, suppliers, partners and society at large.
This is even more true for a company in the elections industry. While we do not have any decision making powers related to your vote, our staff and software must execute tasks given from electoral officers with complete integrity. All the stakeholders of the democratic process count on this, for a lack of integrity will undermine the legitimacy of the vote.
To formalize our dedication to social responsibilities, Simply Voting maintains a Code of Ethics, which all employees are trained on and attest to on an annual basis, as well as an Ethics Hotline for anonymous reporting of ethical problems.
Simply Voting employs an independent third-party Ethics Hotline, available to any employee or outside stakeholders, for anonymously reporting wrongdoing or other concerns in these areas:
- Conflicts of interest
- Theft or embezzlement
- Criminal misconduct
- Privacy and confidentiality
- Personal and professional integrity
The Ethics Hotline is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. To make an anonymous report please submit this online form or call 1 (866) 860-0008. Designated team members will receive notification of the issue and will investigate every report.
Code of Ethics
In recognition of the importance of democratic decision making, and in accepting a personal obligation to the company, its customers and the voting communities we serve, do hereby commit ourselves to the highest ethical and professional conduct and agree:
- to do all that is possible to protect the accuracy, integrity and secrecy of the vote;
- to conduct ourselves with impartiality and to never express or imply anything but a neutral attitude towards any candidate or position in a voting event;
- to avoid real or perceived conflicts of interest whenever possible, and to disclose them to affected parties when they do exist;
- to reject bribery in all its forms;
- to be honest and realistic in stating claims or estimates based on available data;
- to seek outcomes that a reasonable person would call just, evenhanded and non-arbitrary;
- to go to great lengths to keep commitments, to not make promises that cannot be kept, and to not make promises on behalf of the company without having the authority to do so;
- to seek and accept honest criticism of technical work, to acknowledge and correct errors;
- to treat fairly all persons regardless of such factors as race, religion, gender, disability, age, or national origin;
- to avoid injuring others, their property, reputation, or employment by false or malicious action;
- to do all that is possible to protect confidential and personal information received in the course of business;
- to accept responsibility in making decisions consistent with the safety, health and welfare of the public, and to disclose promptly factors that might endanger the public or the environment;
- to strive towards accomplishing the company’s mission: achieving excellence in providing secure, trustworthy, and efficient e-democracy solutions for the organizations we serve;
- to live up to this code of ethics, even when confronted by personal, professional and social risks, as well as economic pressures.