Live Voting Events
Simply Voting supports and manages live online voting for annual meetings, leadership conventions or any other real-time event where voting occurs. Live voting may be restricted to attendees that are physically present, and may follow (or overlap with) an unrestricted online voting period for non-attending eligible voters. Live voting participants may vote from designated kiosks or from their own devices such as any smart phone, tablet or laptop computer.
Simply Voting will assign a dedicated election consultant to plan and fully manage your live voting event. This primary point of contact will work closely with your election officials to coordinate all aspects of the event and ensure that your election is successful and meets your objectives. After an initial interview the consultant will put together a project plan that outlines requirements, tasks and deadlines. The consultant may manage live voting remotely or Simply Voting may send staff on-site, depending on your needs and budget.
Simply Voting staff will set up the voting system in advance according to the specifications provided. This generally includes branding the voting website, ballot creation, and preparation of the list of electors.
Depending on your requirements, we may take one of the following approaches to voter authentication:
- Voters will identify themselves with a password they already know. Simply Voting integrates the voting website with your organization's existing authentication method.
- Voters identify themselves using other information they already know or have in their hand. Simply Voting will load and use a combination of identifiable information such as membership number, date of birth, or attendee badge number as credentials to securely identify each voter.
- Simply Voting generates enough anonymous passwords for all electors, and prints generic voting instructions containing the password. Each of these voter information letters will be folded and sealed inside a security envelope. As each participant is registered at the event, they will be given an envelope from the top of the stack.
- Simply Voting generates unique passwords for each elector and prints personalized voting instructions containing the password. Each of these voter information letters will be folded and sealed inside a security envelope with the elector's identity printed on the outside. As each participant is registered at the event, they will be given their envelope.
Your election consultant will always provide previews of the online ballot and any communication materials for your feedback and approval. If necessary, Simply Voting could add candidates or questions to the ballot at the last minute to deal with any motions or nominations “from the floor”.
Live Online Voting
The polls will be opened by Simply Voting as directed by your election officials. Participants then queue up in front of voting kiosks or use their own device to vote. Voting continues for a fixed period of time or as long as is required for all participants to cast their votes. Immediately upon closing the polls the results are reported to your election officials. If there are multiple rounds of voting, the procedure is simply repeated.
iPad Voting Kiosks
For customers that need official physical locations for online voting, Simply Voting offers the ideal kiosk solution: an Apple iPad mounted in a specialized iPad stand, along with software configuration to “lock” the iPad to a kiosk version of the voting website. This solution has several benefits:
- Security: The iPad software is very secure and immune to viruses and hacking. The stand locks the iPad in place preventing theft and tampering.
- Ease of use: The iPad has touchscreen and zooming technology. The stand is sturdy and is Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) compliant.Low maintenance: It easy to “lock” an iPad to the voting website. It is also easy to install or remove the iPad from the stand. The iPad can last a full day on battery power so kiosks may be placed anywhere without cumbersome wiring.
- High availability: The iPads are connected to both the local WiFi and a backup cellular internet connection.
Setting up the kiosk is quick and does not require any skills. Remote training and support is included. It is also possible to have Simply Voting staff come on-site for installation and maintenance.
Computer Voting Kiosks
Alternatively Simply Voting can provide computer-based kiosks with cardboard privacy dividers and a backup cellular internet connection. Each computer is security scanned and then “locked” to a kiosk version of the voting website. Remote training and support is included. It is also possible to have Simply Voting staff come on-site for installation and maintenance.